Design for Business.
“The world’s leading companies are embracing design as an integral part of corporate strategy.” —Brainstorm Design Conference
Join us for a panel discussion on how design can lead us to rethink business problems and find innovative solutions to business challenges.
Moderated by Alex White, Professor and Chair, Master of Professional Studies, Design Management at University of Bridgeport’s Shintaro Akatsu School of Design, and featuring a diverse panel of thought leaders from various creative backgrounds.
From customer experience to financial planning, we’ll unpack the immense potential for positive impact when design gets down to business. This will be an engaging evening of debate, discussions, and an exchange of ideas from top brands using design to solve problems and meet customer need.
The Entrepreneurs and business creators you will hear from are:
- Noah Lapine, President of Lapine, Inc. “Brand Performance From Every Angle” lapineinc.com
- Kyle McClure, CD of Rhone Clothing “Rhone Is Premium Activewear Engineered For Men” rhone.com
- Jennifer Tombaugh, President of Tauck “How You See The World Matters” tauck.com
- Jeff Kapec, EVP of Tanaka Kapec Design Group “Strategic Product Development + Industrial Design” wedesigntosimplify.com
- Lino Ribolla, ECD Managing Director of Primacy “Digital Agency Services: Technology, Creative Design, Marketing” theprimacy.com
- Louise Wolf Ferencz, Master Planning Director of Pepperidge Farm “We Are Bakers” pepperidgefarm.com
Thursday, April 5th, 2018 6–8:30pm
Location: Shintaro Akatsu School of Design
Littlefield Hall | University of Bridgeport
84 Iranistan Avenue Bridgeport, CT 06604
Other organizations like DMI Design Management Institute and frog have recently talked about, measuring the business value of design however, for this event you’ll have the chance to meet and hear from creative leaders that are building and shaping creative design work across six different design thinking businesses, which are collectively impacting the lives of millions.
Register to join us in order to:
- Listen in–hear from creative leaders of some of the most innovative brands in Connecticut.
- Enjoy light refreshments from the University of Bridgeport’s Shintaro Akatsu School of Design
- Engage in conversation with like-minded creative designers, students, and business owners
- Learn insights and tactics that you can share within your business
- Understand some concepts that influence entrepreneurial projects
- Know as a creative business professional you too can design a brand with reach
- Feel inspired that you too can solve design problems
- Potentially meet your next strategic partner or client
This event at SASD is currently free for all students with a valid ID.
If you are a current member of AIGA Brand Central or AIGA Connecticut you can also register for free.
Guest, entrepreneurs, and other creative professionals can register here on this page for a ticket to this world-class conversation of design innovation, or you can pay at the door when you join us.
Note: Street and University Parking is available to all guest of this seminar.